On Feb 25, 2014, at 3:19 pm, steve harley <p...@paper-ape.com> wrote:

> not certain from your description, but if VueScan works with this scanner,
> it's possible it could give you a more efficient workflow - might be worth a
> shot with the demo

I knew someone would recommend that.  I tried the demo version again a few
months ago and just ended up hating it again.  Just couldn't get good results,
the colours were all over the place and I wasn't able to easily correct them in
Photoshop.  It was a shame as I'd have been able to do my scanning using my
Macbook Pro, which I can't with the Minolta software.  It's PPC or Windows
only, and Virtualbox doesn't support Firewire.

For most slides the Minolta software is very efficient anyway, it's only this
weird case I've just come across after about 8 or 9 years of owning it.  Before
now I don't think I've ever applied a negative exposure setting.  It may be
something about this old film.

Cheers,
Dave