On 4/11/2014 11:48, Jeffery Johnson wrote:
Thank you Ann and yeah it would have been nice if all that wasn't there
but that at the time was the best view of him. After awhile I did walk
on around as I knew there was a little trail that would take me to the
side of the creek. There was a small limb laying across the trail so as
soon as stepped over it I stepped on a stick and it made a cracking
sound. Well the Heron heard me and looked my direction and flew off.

I hate it when that happens!... I still remember being in the car, less than 10 feet from a perfectly lit posed coyote in Arizona, window rolled down partway - lifted the camera with the zoom on it slowly, slowly - then it was all over when the hood hit the edge of the window. byeby beautifully lit coyote. :-(

innumberable shots of "dicky-birds" lost just the way your twig robbed you. :-(

ann