Sent: Friday, September 19, 2014 10:52 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: Get with the times (FF DSLR, etc)

when I use the green button metering/setting, its only to get me in the
ballpark. I then fine tune
the exposure with either and or both the shutter speed and aperture
setting using the histogram/lcd.
works for me.
jco
On 9/19/2014 4:38 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:
Pentax has definitely failed to promote the Green button. To me it's
just a Mystery Button that I could just as easily cover over with
black electrical tape.

After it got talked about here a few years ago, I made the effort to
read up on it. The manual left me scratching my head, but folks here
insisted it was awesome. I think the issue with the manual is there's
no overview or Big Picture -- why it was added.

When I tried it out, no matter what I did with it it just seemed to
produce random and inscrutable results -- incorrect exposures -- with
no apparent benefit to me.

I think of it as the Do Not Press Me Ever button. It just presents one
more opportunity for me to fsck up the settings if I fumble-finger it.

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM, Darren Addy <pixelsmi...@gmail.com>