On Mar 19, 2015, at 8:53 AM, Mark Roberts <postmas...@robertstech.com> wrote:

> Serious question: How did you find out about the PDML?
> (Everyone please feel free to pipe up here.)
>
> I probably found out about the PDML from the Pentax official web site,
> way back when the PDML was actually run by Pentax. But I'm wondering
> how *anyone* would even learn of the PDML's existence these days.
>
> --
> Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
> www.robertstech.com

When I gave up video and rediscovered photography in the mid-late ‘90s, I moved
from my old ME-Supers to Pz-1p. The whole autofocus, Power Zoom etc were a
mystery to me. But most importantly, I wanted to buy lenses. Particularly a
“modern” 135mm lens. Looking on eBay, I was totally confused by the vast
numbers of different 135mm lenses.

So I went to the Pentax site looking for information, found a link to this
group, and the rest is history.

I remember that one reason people used to give for not staying with PDML once
they found us was that they couldn’t deal with the high volume of messages.

stan