While future generations and the test of time will  have to decide if Mr. Lik’s
work is indeed valuable art, the fact that it sells for big prices now is not a
determining factor in measuring its worth. The world’s greatest art sells for
astronomical sums, in part due to good marketing by auction houses and
galleries. It’s all about deriving as much benefit as possible. Lik is entitled
to whatever he gets, and those who buy his photos do so willingly.

Lik is of course an obnoxious boor and a severe egotist. (They say Mozart was
as well.) But that should never be a factor in evaluating his work.