On 10/29/2015 7:41 PM, Bill wrote:
On 10/29/2015 6:33 AM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 5:29 AM, Steve Cottrell <co...@seeingeye.tv>
wrote:
In this life if there's one thing I stand by, it's 'I'll try [just
about] anything once".

As the descendant of Eastern European peasants, I'll eat just about
anything that is place before me.  <G>
As I said above, I tried sea urchin sashimi a few weeks ago, and I
finished it, although neither the texture nor the flavor really
appealed to me.  Perhaps it is an acquired taste.  I didn't like
octopus when I first tried it in Japan 49 years ago, but I have grown
to appreciate it, both cooked and raw.

One of my favorite dishes is steak tartare, but I only order it in
establishments that have my confidence, because it has to be a great
piece of meat properly prepared.  I like the places that grind the
meat and season it right at your table.

I do a great steak tartare. Unfortunately, she who must also be fed or
the pampering stops prefers somewhat cooked meat.

I'm happy making a Martini with gin, knowing there is a bottle of
vermouth somewhere, and I am quite happy with a steak dinner, knowing
that there is a barbecue in the neighborhood.

Anywhere you go in North America, there's someone who thinks they know how to cook barbecue.