Many (most?) desktops since probably late 1990s/early 2000s have an option in the BIOS that enables starting upon power loss/detecting power.

I've used this feature for many years with the computer, monitor and other related devices all connected to one surge protector. With a flip of a single switch you turn on all of them and have the computer booting up.

HTH,

Igor