I fully agree with you.

I know several cases when my colleagues have lost their computers and other electronic equipments when the power was coming back up. That's why I've always been trying, both at home and at work, to unplug all somewhat valuable electric equipment from the outlets when the power goes down.

Surge protectors are somewhat helpful as well.

Igor