> On Nov 9, 2015, at 8:08 AM, Eric Weir <eew...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> I am uncertain at this point which of the folders in LR points to the actual
> files, i.e., the files on the reformatted and renamed drive from which they
> were imported. There are indications in favor of both.
>
> (1) There is a recent subfolder in one of them (My Book 2) that has two
> images that also exist on the reformatted-renamed drive. The other folder (My
> Book 1) does not have that subfolder. Another has 13 images, and the same
> folder on the reformatted-renamed drive also has 13 images, while the My
> Book1 folder in LR has only 6. This suggests My Book 2 points to the database
> on the reformatted-renamed drive.
>
> (2) However, LR indicates different numbers of images in the two folders,
> with My Book 2 having more than My Book 1. This discrepancy exists in
> subfolders going back as far as 2010. I am not certain what to make of it. On
> the one hand, I’m certain that I have not added any images to folders that
> far back since the last use of My Book !, i.e., since the drive failed. That
> seems to suggest that the My Book 1 folder points to the database on the
> reformatted-renamed drive. On the other hand, neither have any images been
> removed that far back, and that undermines the assumption that the My Book 1
> folder points to the images on the disk.
>
> If the database on the reformatted-renamed disk were an up-to-date copy of
> the one on the drive that failed, this discrepancy should not exist. In spite
> of it, I am inclined to go with (1). I know for a fact that there are images
> on the drive that My Book 1 knows nothing about while My Book 2 does.
>
> I am puzzled as to why right-clicking on the folder doesn’t present the
> option of updating the folder location.

Taking your advice about “asking first,” Godfrey, what do you think? Should I
give the My Book 2 folder in LR a try, i.e., see if its the one that’s pointing
to my database?

Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA
eew...@bellsouth.net

“[I]t is a sign of great inner insecurity to be hostile to the unfamiliar.”

- Anais Nin