Bruce Walker wrote:

> Anyway, my point is that considering how important light is to great
> photographs, I think everyone should spend more time focussing on
> perfecting it. It's not so very difficult, you know. :)

Ha!

I spend a lot of time thinking about light Bruce. I really do my best to
avoid artificial light, and I am so pleased that you can bump up ISO a bit
now with the latest cameras, tripods give you longer shutter times and
reflectors are so useful.

However, that has got to change. I read that really difficult subjects to
correctly light for are black objects on black backgrounds; how you light
them gives them their shape and separates them from the background. I'm
going to invest in some lighting equipment nearer the end of the year and
overcome this reluctance to this subject, and give problem lighting
situations a go. Seeing I wait ages for the right light sometimes, the
opportunity to create my own actually sounds a great idea!

Malcolm