I live in Thornhill, Ontario, Canada, San Mateo in the Bay Area,
California and my native Bangalore, India.
So I am quite comfortable with Chains like Starbucks, Costa Coffee,
Lavazza, Dunkin Donuts or Canada's Tim Hortons.

The first time I tried a box of assorted Tim Bits at Horton's
(actually donut centre cutouts) it was like OK. A 2nd & 3rd time, a
big no no.
Their coffee is insipid, not soul stirring like Starbucks or Lavazza's.
Of course the prices are cheap and the place always full, so maybe
there is something good going for them.

But hey, Canadians are a lot different from materialistic /
individualistic Americans, so they get by with the simpler things in
life. Maybe they are a bit happier and friendlier too.

How can I say this with 120% certainty without sounding gross or Mr.
Opinionated? Well friends being a Non Resident Indian (NRI, working
abroad - the US, Scotland, Middle East, North Africa, the CIS, with
regular assignments in Japan, Korea, Europe) I have had to live on
Coffee Houses or fish & chip joints.

Regards.
Bipin

War does not determine who is right – only who is left.