Larry,

You are taking things too literally, literally. ;)  [sic!]

Tom and Ray Magliozzi are "Click and Clack, the Tappet brothers"
(as can be easily seen e.g. from the Wikipedia page I added as a explanation for the cultural _reference_ for the benefit of our
overseas friends:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_and_Ray_Magliozzi  ).

However, our fellow PDMLers look like "Click and Clack" brothers.
(not like Tom and Ray, despite some possible visual resemblance).
:-)

Cheers,

Igor

PS. As for the Car Talk show, the technical details were not the primary thing, even though I enjoyed some diagnostics cases. Rather, I loved Tom and Ray for their wit and nice humor.