Bipin - you should know that the "Droit de Seigneur" which gave the right of
the local landowner to
have the first night with a bride, came from Norman French law and was repealed
a very long time
ago, having already fallen into disuse decades earlier.
While the Scots may still harbour resentment after the '15 and the '45, they
have also been the
beneficiaries of North Sea oil for the last 40 years at least, with better
employment figures than
many other parts of the UK.  Worth noting too is that Scotland has not been a
viable entity
economically, and has relied on both UK and EU financial support.
As someone born and grown up in the UK, I am aware that there are independence
movements in Wales,
Northern Ireland and Scotland with a seemingly impossible-to-placate hatred for
Great Britain -
there isn't much more we can do for them, having offered the Scots a referendum
to leave, which they
rejected, and given the Irish their own republic.  Wales could never stand on
its own anyway.
The separation of the Scottish pound from sterling, was, I believe, a
requirement of membership of
the EU, but I am open to correction on that.

John in Brisbane