John wrote:
On 6/26/2016 10:15 PM, Bill wrote:
On 6/26/2016 8:14 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
Cattle isn't spelled "girls".

You are talking about the Welsh.

Yeah, Scotland has sheep!

It depends a bit on what part of Scotland. In many areas my understanding is that they tend a lot more towards cattle, a rather short and scruffy looking breed of cattle, but cattle nonetheless. A bunch of my ancestors by the name of MacGregor got in a wee bit of trouble with the English because they didn't see any reason why they should give up the time honored sport of cattle raids.

There is also the old question of why the Scots tend to raise cattle, and the Irish sheep. Because on average the Scots are just a bit taller.