Paul Stenquist wrote:

>Great pics. But a fork, a spoon and a moon appears to be a photoshop job.
>The tree branches are seen in silhouette but the bird is nicely illuminated.
>By what? Especially against the moon background, which would have required
>a sunny 16 exposure. Ain't gonna happen.

Now *that's* what we call a "very good point"!

>From the superficial examination one can perform on a web-resolution
image, I think the bird has been subject to some dramatic dodging in
Photoshop. I don't *think* it's a composite shot, but I'd have to have
access to a full-res shot to be certain. Obviously, the judges do, and
may even have access to the raw file. Perhaps this kind of Photoshop
is allowed? I haven't read the contest rules but I know from going to
the exhibit in the past and reading the technical descriptions of the
photos some kinds of post-capture processing are allowed.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com