From: PDML [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of John
Sent: Saturday, 3 December 2016 5:10 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: PESO - Relaxed in La Jolla

On 12/2/2016 1:36 AM, Malcolm Smith wrote:
> John wrote:
>
> It's an ocean front commercial property. With all the salt in the air,
> it's a wonder there's any railing left to paint. Salt ain't good for
> concrete either.
> ++++++++++++++++++++++
>
> I quite agree. I'd have taken the railings to get powder coated to
> give them some sort of chance in the conditions.
>
> Malcolm

That's a good idea, but it ain't cheap. A home-owner (condo owner) might find
it feasible when they
have to replace the railings the first time they corrode into nothingness, but
it's probably just an
unnecessary extra cost from a commercial developer's point of view.

By the time those railings have to be replaced, the developer will have gotten
his money and been
long gone.