The lens has a very nice image on APSC.

Optically the lens is rotation symmetrical.

So cutting the top and bottom pedal will for sure give me a perfect 1:1 8mm image, without any corner vignetting!!!

Cutting the side pedals will increase the FF image, at lesser optical performance, how much lesser has to be seen, also corner vignetting will become clear when zooming out...