On 21/4/17, Marnie (aka Doe), discombobulated, unleashed:

>Is that an old Roman wall?

I think this particular bit has been recently rebuilt, as it's looking a
bit too clean and new.

The area is just off a Roman road called Akeman Street which was the
road that lay between Cirencester (pronounced 'sirensester') in
Gloucestershire (pron 'glostersheer') and St. Albans in Hertfordshire.
The actual path is on a short offshoot of the main road about 1/4 mile away.

It's pretty cool to walk along and realise that many centuries earlier
there would have been horses and carts trundling along the same place at
the same pace. I wonder how many would have stopped at a vista and
pulled out paper and chalk to record the view?

<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akeman_Street>

Cot