I just do one show a year, which is a month long gallery that a group of use sets up in December. I've been doing it since 2002, though the group itself has been active since the early 1980's. For me its more for fun than anything else - my monetary goal is just to break even and replenish my ink, paper sand matting upplies for the upcoming year.

Cards always sell well and most of the people who do 2D work sell them. I don't do calendars but a few of the people in the group do and those seem to sell well also. I've tried photo books a couple of times and at best have broken even - its hard to get the printing costs on a small run of books low enough to be able to resell them. I keep planning on doing one of a kind handmade books but just haven't gotten around to it.

With cards, some of the folks in the group do multi-packs which work out well. So, they may sell card for $4 each but a pack of 6 for $22 or something like that. We are not set up to handle volume based pricing, if we were it would be convenient to just set up the pricing scales to encourage folks to get the one more card.

The one problem with cards is that they intrude on small print sales. If you are selling a 6x4 card for $4 its hard to sell a matted 5x7 print at a price that covers materials and the time to mat it.

Can't help with card printers - I print the cards myself on my Epson 3880 using Museo Artist Card paper (B&H usually has the best price). Cost per card is about 95 cents - 75 cents for the paper, 15 cents for ink and 3 cents for the clear bag. I usually print only 3 or 4 of any image, unless it has a history of being a good seller and then I do 5 to 7. I can never predict what will sell well or not so go for small batches .Since its a month long operation I can monitor and restock as needed.

Have fun!

Mark