Very close, Anthony.

I don't have a 500-600 mm telephoto for my camera, and in a partial eclipse
at mid-day, the sun is too bright to use a camera without a solar filter.
Both are quite expensive.

So, I decided to go "old school," and dragged out my 6 inch reflector
telescope, which I hadn't use since my son Greg was in High School.  It has
an easel attachment that can hold a white card a few inches in front of the
eyepiece.

Of course, the sun was so bright that I could not look through the eyepiece
to focus on the sun, or even through the small attached spotter scope.  I
had my wife hold up a notebook in front of the open end of the telescope
barrel, while I moved the telescope around until the sun's image could be
seen on the notebook.  Since I liked what I saw, I had Lee hold the
notebook still while I grabbed a photo with my DSLR.  That is the smaller,
yellowish image.
That one was bounced only off the main mirror, which accounts for its
orientation, and I think the dark cover of the notebook made the yellow
stand out.

I then moved the telescope a bit more, until the image through the eyepiece
was centered on the card.  I then focused the image, as best I could, on
the card, and took several photos of the sun's image on the card.  The
larger, paler image(s) were taken in this manner.  The orientation is the
result that these images were reflected twice:  off the main, six inch,
mirror, and then off the small secondary mirror which bounces it down to
the prism that sends the image through the eyepiece, which magnifies and
focuses it

Not great images, but I had a good time, and enjoyed the partial eclipse.

Dan Matyola