changed subject after I veered off Dan's moons.  I have to say "different moons" as a subject line gave me some apprehension, knowing the friskiness of some of our members here - was relieved it was about the eclipse! lol

I got no photo I want to share ... but I did kinda use the same idea as Dan.. I held a colander in my hand above a piece of cardboard on the floor in my livingroom where the sun comes in at a convenient angle at the time of day of the greatest cover we got in NYC (about 72% I think it was) then I held the camera up with outstretched arm and lined it up with the pinhole shots with the camera on live view.. but I had no filter on the lens -- I kinda wasn't planning to do anything at all.  putting the shots of the sun in photoshop I fiddled with adjustments until I could see the shadow

had planned on trying it with the point and shoot canon sx120 but when I took it off the shelf it ws on the strap got caught on something and the camera ended up flying across the room landing with a thud... never to be used again.
at least I Could open the battery/card chamber to get my flash card out.

The good news is that i was able to replace it for $45 on ebay and already have it.  That camera is my "emergency" walkabout camera that is light enough for me carry when I got out to do chores...

The dead camera won't turn on at all.. I'm sure it would cost more to get it fixed tahn I paid for the replacement.

I was pretty upset on Monday - but more upset than I should have been for what happened to the camera... I found out on Wed morning that one of my closest friends mother died on Tuesday.. she was quite elderly and I knew she had been taken to intensive care, but she had hoped to live, she had said a while back, to see a certain person out of office... no luck there.  She was 94, having turned that age in mid August.

Still don't have a landline phone!  The latest is a major cable was messed up and the latest date for
returned service is Sept 14th.  at least it saved me a bit of money

I'm furiously working on some stuff on the create photo calendars site that Jeffrey just said thank you to me for
on the list.  Will reveal if I get it done in the next few days...

ann