On 10/20/2017 11:45, Eric Weir wrote:

On Oct 17, 2017, at 3:47 PM, John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:

On 10/17/2017 13:21, Eric Weir wrote:
On Oct 17, 2017, at 12:55 PM, John <sesso...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Do you remember what milepost that was?

I was up there Saturday night, milepost 430 at the Cowee Mountain Overlook.

Barely made it in time for sunset, but I stuck around to photograph the
after-glow.
I was staying at Julian Price campground, on my way back from Banner Elk,
probably north of the Linn Cove Viaduct. I would guess between mileposts 300
and 305. (By the way, one of the best Mexican restaurants ever—literally—in
Banner Elk. Puerto Nuevo.)

You ought to plan on coming to the Grandfather Mountain Nature Photography Weekend
one year then. It's right around the corner between Julian Price & Banner Elk.

I have noticed that (some) folks here are drawn to that, as I recall, sometimes
from afar and repeatedly. Is it a PDML thing or just something that PDML folks
are drawn to? What’s it like? What happens? What do people do?

I go for the Doug & Mark show, since I'm never going to win the contest. I do take the
oath to "not take the contest too seriously" very seriously.