Hi Igor,

The Auto Alliance point regarding how long it would take to equip the fleet is
self refuting in that they said the same thing six years ago. More importantly,
I get only 900 words, so I have to pick my battles.

 In regard to the paragraph breaks, the first is debatable but a split decision
in my view and the editors. The Times philosophy says short graphs are better.

The graphs toward the end of the story are mandated by an immutable Times style
rule: every direct quote is a separate graph. That is written in stone, and it
seems to have worked well for at least 50 years.

Paul via phone