I've never heard of that, and none of the F series lenses I  own, admittedly a relatively small subset works like that.

On 12/19/2017 3:38 PM, Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
I believe that, on some of the older lenses, like the "F" series, the
aperture ring had to be set in the "A" position in order for the camera to
be able to autofocus the lens.

Dan Matyola

On Tue, Dec 19, 2017 at 3:32 PM, mike wilson <m.9.wil...@ntlworld.com>