On 1/31/2018 16:32, Larry Colen wrote:

John Coyle wrote:
For the first time in weeks, we had 100% cloud cover!  I went up on to our
roof, 54 metres above sea
level, and still could not see a thing.  I guess I'm not likely to still be
here for the next one,
in 2037 :-(

Lunar eclipses happen a couple times a year, and are visible from about
half the planet.  Are you sure the next one isn't until 2037?

I'm guessing he means the next time a lunar eclipse will occur during a "Blue Moon" that is also a "Supermoon".

The last time that combination occurred when the eclipse was visible from anywhere in the U.S. was 150 years ago.