Well caught, Larry. Its beauty is in in its ugliness. Could be in my backyard. That's the sort of scene I hope for in Kruger but it rarely find it. Perhaps the K5/Sigma 170-500 "Minima" will give more scope?

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Larry Colen
Sent: 12 May, 2018 11:21 PM
To: Pentax-Discuss List
Subject: PESO Really ugly chicken eating a huge worm

I was driving to lunch yesterday and saw this really ugly chicken by the
side of the road eating a huge worm. I got a couple of photos of it with
my 28-75 before a motorcycle drove past and scared it away

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/42021343122/in/album-72157668896223998/

I was able to get my K-3+bigma out of the back of my van and got some
photos of it's friend sitting on the airport fence, for those interested
in the whole set

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157668896223998

I'm afraid that combination did not work so well for birds in flight,
part of it seems to be CA, but I also had some focus issues.  I also had
some issues with the K-3 focusing on the barbed wire rather than the
eye, possibly exacerbated by my not being as careful with focus points,
and not stopping down as much as I should have, for such a sunny day.

---