Some people still spell it that way but my dictionary says panoramas without
the apostrophe.

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: Toine
Sent: 23 May, 2018 9:13 AM
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Subject: Re: PESO Silver-studded blue

Yes panorama's is an exception in Dutch, just like kano's in Dutch. In
Afrikaans it's also panorama's?

On 23 May 2018 at 08:22, Alan C <c...@lantic.net> wrote:

No, they were just trying to detract from inflated prices!

I did some research: In Dutch & Afrikaans, an apostrophe is used if the
singular word ends in a unstressed vowel to keep the sound long. If I
understand this correctly, Panoramas would sound like "Panoramis" whereas
Panorama's would sound like "Panoramaz". An Afrikaans plural which springs
mind is kano's, the plural of kano (canoe).

Alan C

-----Original Message----- From: mike wilson