I’ve never dropped a camera from having the plate come free, or had one slide out of a clamp. Just pay attention and it won’t happen.

I agree with Godders on the A-S system - I've been using them for over 20 years with no issues.

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Godfrey DiGiorgi" <godfreydigio...@me.com>
Subject: Re: Ball Head Question

Most of the better A-S plates have limit stops that screw on and can be removed. I always remove them ... I find they get in my way.

Most of mine use a hex wrench to snug them, but some have a coin slot and some have a folding wing nut. I prefer the hex: it’s the most secure.

I’ve never dropped a camera from having the plate come free, or had one slide out of a clamp. Just pay attention and it won’t happen.

—
No matter where you go, go there on a Guzzi.