Sad news today:

Robert Frank, Pivotal Figure in Documentary Photography, Is Dead at 94
Mr. Frank’s visually raw and personally expressive style made him one of the
most influential photographers of the 20th century.

  https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/arts/robert-frank-dead.html

His photographs turned my head and got under my skin in 1970. I still have the
used 1968 paperback edition of “The Americans” I bought at a bookstore on
Fordham Road in the Bronx, NY, then…

I am so happy I was able to see his talk at the Kantor Museum (Stanford
University, Palo Alto, CA 2014). My friend Linda called and invited me to join
her: she was photographing the talk for the University.

  https://flic.kr/p/q5vzFK

Godspeed, Robert!

—
Only in silence the word,