On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 7:38 PM Sandy Harris <sandyinch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Christine Aguila <christ...@caguila.com> wrote:
>
> > I’d like to develop skills used to photograph the textile arts...
>
> My understanding is that moire can be a problem with fabrics,
> especially ones with fine-grained pattern like tweeds. I'd be
> interested in your comments on how well Pentax's AA filter alternative
> works.

My experience is that moire rarely happens in real shooting involving
fabrics so I never use the AA-simulation feature. (True, most of my
shooting involves flash where the AA-simulation is useless anyway.)

I'd not want to engage the AA thingy while shooting fabrics with
sequins and beads as that would dull the tiny reflective highlights
that make that sort of subject so interesting. Besides, fabric art
tends to be rough-hewn, irregular and coarser than the fine
herringbone fabrics that do induce moire.

--
-bmw