Igor, you needn't let lacking a "suitable backdrop" stop you. Just use
a wide aperture with a decent distance from behind your kid to the
background and let blur create a nice randomly mottled background.

And, I don't know about you, but in these stuck-at-home pandemic days
I *relish* finding an involved project!  Presently I am pursuing the
perfect pour-over coffee (using spreadsheets, weigh scales,
thermometers, and timers) and just today I have added learning how to
make decent protein smoothies to my task list.

I can safely state that shooting portraits is a breeze compared to
consistently making good pour overs. :-)

--
-bmw