On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 3:44 PM Bob Pdml <pdm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 20 Nov 2020, at 19:59, Bruce Walker <bruce.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Igor, you needn't let lacking a "suitable backdrop" stop you. Just use
> > a wide aperture with a decent distance from behind your kid to the
> > background and let blur create a nice randomly mottled background.
> >
> > And, I don't know about you, but in these stuck-at-home pandemic days
> > I *relish* finding an involved project!  Presently I am pursuing the
> > perfect pour-over coffee (using spreadsheets, weigh scales,
> > thermometers, and timers)
>
> SwissGold coffee filter, Hario coffee scoop, mug, nice coffee, boiling water.
>
> > and just today I have added learning how to
> > make decent protein smoothies to my task list.
>
> Banana, fat-free Greek yogurt, fat-free milk, bit of honey. Stick blender,
> pint jug. Peel the banana first, and discard the peel. Or not, it’s up to you.
>
> There now, I’ve spoiled your lockdown.

Damn you, Bob! ;-)

My preferred gear chose me early on -- a Hario V60 ceramic dripper --
and I decided to forge ahead with that. When I get it right it's the
best coffee I've ever had, but if I'm inattentive even for a moment
while brewing, it's ... uh, suboptimal. There are some very good
coffee roasters in the area and I'm working my way through their
single origin beans one by one.

I shall give your smoothie recipe a try. I picked up a Blendtec
blender at a decent Black Friday price and it likes challenges, like
banana peels. Also whole carrots, celery stalks, large chunks of ice,
anything really. I think it would happily blend a piano if I could get
it into the jar.

--
-bmw