> On Apr 1, 2021, at 9:36 AM, John Francis <jo...@panix.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 08:13:11PM +0200, Alan C wrote:
>> At that price, surely they can afford to include a charger?
>>

> I suspect that's at least partially due to their experience in Europe.
>
> Back in the early days of cellphones, every cellphone sold included a
> charger in the box, complete with a proprietary connection.  This led
> to large numbers of (perfectly usable) chargers ending up in the trash
> (or, of you were lucky, in the electronics recycling bin).
> Eventually this led to laws requiring a standard way of charging, &c.
>
> While I've still got a variety of chargers lying around (at least 3
> different types of USB connectors, and different "fast charge" modes)
> I’ve got less different chargers I use now, serving far more devices.

This is not a mode that works so well for people who regularly go out and shoot
2,000 frames at a time, but I suspect most people will take far fewer
photographs, only need one battery, and this way they don’t need to worry about
losing/finding their charger, and all they need is the cable they already use
to upload the photos to their computer. A cable like ones that they already
have several of lying around.

I’m not thrilled by this, but I understand how it would be more convenient for
most people.

This is probably much the same way as there is likely one person on this list
that shoots straight to JPEG, and the in camera JPEG processing is a total
waste of development effort for most of us, but it is probably vital to most
people who buy a Pentax.
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List