On a recent trip I took only the 28-105 FA 4-5.6 and the M200/4, as at
that time it covered everything I had, except a 135 and a 400mm, which
would have been just too heavy.  I also took the AF330FTZ flash, and
used 400 and 800 ASA Ektapress film.  I found that covered most things
pretty well, although I wished I'd had the 400 for a motor racing
session at Brands Hatch.
Nowadays I would certainly add the 18-35 zoom, just to cover the really
wide end.
If I had only the primes, it would have been the 28,50, 135 and 200.  I
know there is a big gap between the 50 and the 135, but, heck, I'd just
have to use my feet!  I know I appreciated the reach of the 200mm in
Hong Kong for details of their bamboo scaffolding on a 35 storey
building!

HTH

John Coyle
Brisbane, Australia

On Saturday, June 15, 2002 7:00 AM, Bryan Carter Vyhmeister
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
<SNIP>

> I suppose while I am at it, if any of you feel the urge to comment on
> what equipment you take on trips, that would be most appreciated.
Most