The "resonators" were so close to the ground that they were constantly
getting damaged, and they were difficult to replace.
I was driving on Route 17 in NC late one Sunday when my foot suddenly hit
the firewall.  The throttle linkage had snapped.  I managed to jam a twig
under the throttle so I could drive at a max of 15 mph down the dark
rural highway, pulling over whenever anyone approached from my rear.  I was
fortunate to find a local at a gas station that was already closed for the
night to look at it for me.  He managed to use baling wire to temporarily
replace the throttle linkage so I could drive it home.  On Monday, I took
it to the local sports car shop, and they called to get a replacement part,
but were told it would take 2 weeks.  It actually took 2 months.
Meanwhile, I'm driving around with the baling wire to control my speed.  It
worked, but was very, very stiff.  Needless to say, I didn't make any
unnecessary long trips.

Dan Matyola
*https://tinyurl.com/DJM-Pentax-Gallery