In a message dated 6/15/2002 4:18:29 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> The BBB was created specifically to deal with this problem,
> and you can help many, many more people by telling them than by telling
> us.

No offense Chris but that's quite an assumption. The BBB is just another
bureaucracy that would treat my complaint only as it related to any others it
may have. Who's to say they would act on it and give it the attention I feel
it merits? Besides, I didn't lose any money, just a little time out of my
day. In any event, I'm certainly not doing them any favors by calling them
scam artists in a public forum. Also, I didn't wish to provide my name and
address and other info in order to lodge a complaint which is required by the
BBB. Perhaps you'd take issue with this but that's my prerogative.

This list contains an audience of photographers of all levels. I would say
it's the perfect forum to disseminate this information. It takes a lot less
time to get the word out on the list than file with the BBB and I'll bet it's
a lot more effective. I mean if this has been going on for some time you can
bet the BBB is already aware of them. How did that help me avoid them? See my
point? Granted, a posting to the list may not reach as many people but it's
better than nothing.

-Brendan MacRae