One option which I have somewhat adopted is to stop using “big glass.” E.g., on
our recent trip, I did not take the 70-200 or the 15-30 zooms. Instead I took
an A-20mm, 28-70/2.8, and 100 macro. And an A-200mm.  I did take extenders (1.4
and 1.7) for the 100mm and 200mm in case I needed longer, but virtually never
used them. I may have used the 200mm only once.

Part of my reasoning is that the K-1 sensor is so good that a cropped 70mm or
100mm shot will be quite good, and maybe better than if I had taken the same
scene with a longer lens held shakily in my arthritic hands. Using a tripod
would solve many such issues, but that would mean carrying and using a tripod.
I can’t imagine trying to hold steady a camera which zooms to 600mm! 300mm is
my absolute limit for hand-held.

Meg has a Leica D-Lux, about 6 years old. It stopped working on our recent trip
, I have sent it for repair. She is indifferent, has become quite comfortable
with her phone’s camera. If the Leica is repairable, I have my eye on that as
my backup/alternative to the K-1. My “pocket” camera is the GRiii which I quite
like, but it is fixed 28mm equivalent and the Leica has a limited zoom. (28-90
or something like that.)

Stan