Am 20.05.22 um 16:32 schrieb Bill:

It could just be that Manfrotto is the General Motors of tripods, but my
experience with the 055 was such that when I went looking for a
replacement, lever locks were at the top of my avoid this crap list and
Manfrotto was not on my radar at all.

I had a 055 and te main prob with those Manfrottos is anoter one. I call
it the Manfrotto twist. Put a camera with a longer lens on top, then
grip the camera, rotate it around its vertical axis and watch how the
legs bend around.

This holds true for many tripods with tube-stye legs but seems to be
worst with Manfrotto.

I'm using a Berlebach wood tripod. Admitedly nothing you'd want to take
along for air travel (although I've done just that) but it's the only
tripod I know that doesn't weight a ton and can be used with long lenses
even in gale-force winds.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
Blog  : http://the-real-fotoralf.blogspot.com