Personally, I detest FB. I only have an account there because there is a
contingent of old friends who have seemingly lost the ability to communicate
any other way ( including answering the telephone without messaging them on FB
first...!). Ugh. I'm there, in essence, because I value my old friends more
than I despise the medium of communications.

Also, FB terms of service essentially give them 100% rights to use any
photographs you post on their service any way they like in perpetuity with no
compensation to photographers. I only post photos that I consider valueless
there as a consequence.

I've not found any motivation to participate in any of the photo groups I've
tried there. There seems to be little real conversation of any depth in them.

If the goal of a proposed FB group is to allow modern formatted text and photo
sharing features in PDML communications, I would suggest moving the PDML to a
modern list server with groups.io instead. I've helped move three other photo
groups to this service  and it's been 100% successful, including one that
started on FB and left due to the terms of service issues.

%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List