On 3/22/2023 5:40 PM, Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Am 22.03.23 um 20:39 schrieb Henk Terhell:
Never had any luck with printers and I estimate their life time on my desk
is around 3 years.
Hmm. Back in the early '00s, I went through a couple of older Epson 13" dye ink
printers … they both worked okay, but one of them died from the Piezography inkset I
used clogging the heads permanently and the other was just starting to fail when the
R2400 came out. I bought that (Oct 2005) and printed literally thousands of prints
with it over the next 10-11 years. The P600 came out about then, and Ann needed a
printer, cheap, so I gave her the R2400 and bought myself a P600.

The R2400 died shortly after Ann got it (but I think she got the job she needed
done with it)..

 I think I printed my 2015 exhibit on your gift ... then I got another one after that... at a very good price (cheap as dirt ) from someone in NY on Craigs list.  Her aunt had bought a new 2400 and the aunt actually died herself  before she had a chance to use it.. it had been stored away and needed to be revived, which I did by following isntructins by a guy on You tube whise name started with an R ,, all I rememeber but it worked.   when THAT R2400 froze in place I just put it out on the street and went back to an R220 that still purrs  .. if I need anything larger than an 8 1/2 x 11 (or 14) Bay photo through smugmug does it.

ann
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List