On Sat, Apr 22, 2023 at 10:52 AM Comcast <pnstenqu...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I don’t know what “ransomware” is, but photoshop online has been a great
> deal. It’s installed on my box and faster than the last CC version. It
> costs ten bucks a month and includes bridge, ACR, photoshop, Lightroom and
> more. It upgrades automatically so I get all the latest features.
>
> Paul

Ransomware is what Adobe has been called since they went to the
subscription service. It's an unfair pejorative.
If you stop paying for Photoshop, then it stops working.
If you stop paying for Lightroom my understanding is it keeps working in a
read only mode. You have access to your files with Lightroom adjustments,
and you can export them with adjustments but you can no longer use any of
the editing or other functions such as Import, or resave the file.
If you have files stored in their cloud service (I don't), and stop paying,
you can no longer upload files and you have a full year to download them or
otherwise deal with them before they are no longer available.

There has been a lot of misinformation being disseminated regarding the
Adobe subscription service.
It's not as bad as it's made out to be.
I'm renting the use of both Lightroom and Photoshop. I believe it is
costing me less this way than the cost of upgrading to a new version every
couple of years which I tended to do to keep Adobe Raw up to date with my
camera, which also seemed to change every couple of years, usually soon
after the most recent Camera Raw update.

bill
--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List