I can see the value of it even if it’s something that I don’t have much need
for personally.

To me it would be quite useful sometimes for a camera to connect automatically
(ie without all the ridiculous faff of camera WiFi connections) using Bluetooth
or Ant+ or something similar to external devices which have GPS, such as a
phone, smartwatch or Garmin bike device. So when you press the shutter it can
just write the current position and time into the image file. I imagine that
would be less of a drain on the battery than keeping a built-in GPS active.

--
%(real_name)s Pentax-Discuss Mail List