~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.gregpalast.com/detail.cfm?artid=500&row=0

THE PRESIDENT SAYS IMMIGRANTS "MUST LEARN TO MISINTERPRETATE ENGLISH"
Friday, May 5, 2006

OK, I made that up. The quote may be fabricated, but, for Cinco de Mayo,
our President did really, truly demand that, "Those who come here to our
country have a responsibility to learn the English language."

Fair enough. Certainly, would-be citizens, indeed all citizens, should be
required to comprehend the following sample of the Mother Tongue, spoken
by the President himself. This is from Mr. Bush's February 4, 2005
explanation of how he will "save" our Social Security system. Take notes,
class, there will be a test:

Ladies and Gentlemen, The President of the United States:

"Because the -- all which is on the table begins to address the big cost
drivers. For example, how benefits are calculate, for example, is on the
table; whether or not benefits rise based upon wage increases or price
increases. There's a series of parts of the formula that are being
considered. And when you couple that, those different cost drivers,
affecting those -- changing those with personal accounts, the idea is to
get what has been promised more likely to be -- or closer delivered to
what has been promised. DOES THAT MAKE ANY SENSE TO YOU? IT'S KIND OF
MUDDLED. Look, there's a series of things that cause the -- like, for
example, benefits are calculated based upon inflation, as opposed to wage
increases. This is a reform that would help solve the red if that were put
into effect. In other words, how fast benefits grow, how fast the promised
benefits grow, if those -- that that growth is affect, it will help on the
red."

Got that?

So, go ahead, answer the President's question: "Does that make any sense
to you?" And $50 to the first reader who can make it make sense to anyone.
It doesn't make sense, of course. (So I pocket the $50.)

And that's the point. Never, as the POTUS says, "misunderestimate" him.
The Grinning Chimp knows exactly was he's saying -- or, in this case,
exactly what he's not saying.

He is pretending to tell you his plan. But his plan has to do with
revaluing the Chinese yuan, shifting U.S. retirement trillions into
"personal" accounts that banks can shuffle to the more productive markets
of Asia -- and transforming American the Industrial Powerhouse into
America the Planetary Speculator.

Rather than tell you that, he's told nothing -- in as many words as possible.

***

>From Armed Madhouse: Dispatches from the Front Lines of the Class War" by
Greg Palast. Pre-Order it now at http://www.GregPalast.com

What's the real plan for Social Security? The answer, in plain English,
can be found in, Yuan Your Social Security? The Soylent Green Solution"--
an excerpt from the book available now only at http://www.GregPalast.com

web address to view the list's archives or to unsubscribe.

E-mail accounts that become full, inactive or out of order for more than a few
days will become disabled or deleted from this list.

FAIR USE NOTICE: In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the
information in this e-mail is distributed without profit to those who have
expressed a prior interest in receiving it for research and educational
purposes.  I am making such material available in an effort to advance
understanding of environmental, political, human rights, economic, democracy,
scientific, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a 'fair
use' of copyrighted material as provided for in the US Copyright Law.