In case there was any misunderstanding, my recent message about the response
to my question about the neuroquantology journal was not intended to
discourage further response but rather to encourage further such questions
from others as the occasion should arise.  It struck me as a use for the
list which we have not exploited sufficiently.  Nor was there any intention
to be critical of any of the responses.  Quite the contrary, I was feeling
pleased about the quality of the responses and thinking about how helpful
they all were.  Frank expressions of judgment and surmise are always
valuable.  I was merely remarking that any conclusions drawn about the
journal on that basis would have to be drawn by us as individual assessments
for personal purposes,  rather than as pseudo-objective impersonal
conclusions about its value or status..  I suppose that is all obvious
enough, but sometimes I sense that my position as manager as well as
participant has unintentionally suggested something unintended.

Joe Ransdell