"Lars Olesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Hi Lars

> If you still havent found a new maintainer, I would be interested in
> taking over the project. I have a real use for parsing EXIF data.
> However, extending EXIF with the capability to read and write IPTC
> data would be pretty high on my wishlist.

Excellent! Thanks for trying to move my little project forward!

I have added you as an admin to the project, feel free to explore the
SourceFoge admin area and update your permissions as you see fit!

I have made all PEL files group-writable, so you can edit the homepage
as you see fit too. Let me know if there are still some permission
problems left... When everything works OK, I'll can drop the admin role
on SourceForge

> I would make it possible to install PEL using PEAR from a PEAR
> channel. However, I also think that the project might be a good fit
> with PEAR with a few rewrites. Would that be an idea or are you
> opposed to that?

No, not at all -- I have simply never used PEAR so I am unfamiliar with
it. And since I don't do much PHP these days I don't think I'll become
familiar with it any time soon :-)

> If you are not opposed I could go ahead and write up a proposal.

You're in charge now, so you decide! :-)

--
Martin Geisler

VIFF (Virtual Ideal Functionality Framework) brings easy and efficient
SMPC (Secure Multi-Party Computation) to Python. See: http://viff.dk/.