Yesterday Martin Hart-Landsberg wrote:
> I have recently learned that many progressives in South Korea are
> seriously misinformed about the Mexican currency crisis in 94/95 both in
> terms of how the Mexican government responded to it and the impact of the
> IMF structural adjustment program on the Mexican economy and living and
> working conditions.  Believe it or not there is a feeling among some labor
> activists in South Korea that the Mexican government coordinated a
> national dialogue resulting in a social agreement including labor that
> helped protect working class interests leading to a speedy recovery from
> the crisis.
>

> If you have recommendations on some readings that would be useful for
> activists there to read to better understand what happened and is
> continuing to happen in Mexico I would greatly appreciate you sending
> them to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> I will collect them and forward them to my contacts in South Korea.

At this critical juncture the sort of pipelining you propose is highly
susceptible to cumulative error; the South Korean unions should send
some rank-and-file investigators to Mexico for a direct experience
of the current reality there, along with a student film crew from
a left-leaning communications department.
                                                                  valis

      "A community will evolve only when the people
          control their means of communication."
                                                  -- Frantz Fanon