Dear Penners,

I have recently learned that many progressives in South Korea are
seriously misinformed about the Mexican currency crisis in 94/95 both in
terms of how the Mexican government responded to it and the impact of the
IMF structural adjustment program on the Mexican economy and living and
working conditions.  Believe it or not there is a feeling among some labor
activists in South Korea that the Mexican government coordinated a
national dialogue resulting in a social agreement including labor that
helped protect working class interests leading to a speedy recovery from
the crisis.

If you have recommendations on some readings that would be useful for
activists there to read to better understand what happened and is
contnuing to happen in Mexico I would greatly appreciate you sending
them to me at [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I will collect them and forward them to my contacts in South Korea.

Thanks,
Marty Hart-Landsberg