Devine, James:

Ulhas:>>And what is Imperialism in the first place?

> "Imperialism," as Marxists use that term, refers to a social system of
>international domination, of most countries by others. (Unlike in >other
perspectives, it is not simply a policy, a decision by government
>officials.) Originally applied to the ancient Romans, Egyptians, etc., >one
hundred years ago several Marxists (Lenin, Luxemburg, Bukharin, >etc.)
applied the term to capitalism, likening it to the empires of old.

I am not sure Marxists have a coherent theory of contemporary Imperialism.
Is Lenin's theory of imperialism relevant today?

Ulhas