Hope I got the thread title correct.

It was mostly a discussion I didn't participate
in because I've been AWOL for two days.

A few comments though:

Note how Peirce's typology of 'logic' in practice
applies (though I'm discussing them here with
insights from Wittgenstein as well).

Deductive logic: the logic of proof that tells us
nothing new about the world

Inductive logic: the logic of probability that
never offers us absolute proof. Experimental
science is largely dependent on inductive logic
and probabilistic reasoning.

Abductive logic: the logic of 'intuition'.

I think that when people do complexes of tasks
over a lot of time extremely well they are firing
on all abductive 'cylinders' and most probably
couldn't explain even one percent of what they
are doing in explicit terms. The science report
is that sad sick pretense of an exercise in c/v
building that pretends we can.

C Jannuzi