Diane,

Three choices are:  Walter Nicholson's calculus-based text, called
Microeconomic Theory or Intermediate Microeconomic Theory (he has another,
non-calculus-based intermediate text as well), Hal Varian, Intermediate
Microeconomics: A Modern Approach, and Binger and Hoffman, Microeconomics
with Calculus.  The calculus is integrated (heh heh) completely into the
exposition in Nicholson and B&H, while in Varian the calculus is all in an
appendix.  The strength of the Varian text comes from his division of the
material into short, manageable chapters.   Gil

Hi!

Can someone recommend an "intermediate microeconomic theory" textbook
that uses some calculus for advanced undergraduate students?  Some
recommendations on interesting supplemental "micro" topic
readings/articles would also be helpful.  I don't normally teach this
course, in fact I never teach this course, so my reference point seems
to be Jack Hirshleifer from my undergraduate days :).  I have a few
suggestions from colleagues but each one is different!  Offlist is fine.

Thanks in advance,
Diane